My mother, while she may not be a typical entrepreneur, has made accomplishments with her job that I believe qualify her as an innovative business woman. Emily Andersen is an incredible court reporter in Orlando, Florida, though she often has to travel all over Florida for trials. Emily works for Orange Legal, one of the premier reporting companies in Orlando, as a freelancer with her own business and employees. Through her freelancing with Andersen Real Time Services, Emily is able to work directly with individual law firms that only would like to use her as a reporter for their trials and depositions. She has helped change and develop court reporting methods and overall knowledge of the occupation. She was one of the first court reporters in Orlando to bring iPads to trial with her so lawyers could read and follow along with the transcript as she typed in real time. She writes various articles in legal periodicals that are distributed to local lawyers and judges, therefore expanding more knowledge of her profession to those who are actually exposed to court reporters in action. Lastly, Emily stays relevant in her field by attending national conferences, purchasing the latest machines, and being an online presence on court reporting forums. Overall, my mother is the most notable entrepreneur that I have had the privilege of being exposed to through her innovation, attitude, and knowledge.
I enrolled in ENT3003 because it was one of the few cognate courses offered in my major that was worth the right amount of credits, and the only one of those few that seemed interesting and relevant to me personally. Since this course is based primarily upon blog posts, I hope to expand my internet presence and knowledge. Overall, I look forward to a educational semester!
Wow! Your mom is definitely an entrepreneur and a very unique one at that. It's awesome that she has such an impact on you as well. It's great that she's so driven and has left a mark in that field. It's the kind of the thing that not many people think about, yet it makes a huge difference. Your writing is impeccable so I can definitely see who you get that from! I cannot relate in the sense that either of my parents are entrepreneurs, nonetheless they have encouraged me tremendously to become one. I am very big on fashion and beauty and hope to pursue a career through my own business regarding make-up, photography, etc. I wish you the best on this course! :-)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your story. Your mother tapped into a need for the community and I am sure court reporting is profitable. I utilize the services of court reporters in my regular job as an insurance adjuster. We often need transcripts for trials, depositions and mediations.
ReplyDeleteI love your reason for enrollment in the course. I can relate. I enrolled for those reasons as well. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.