This post will be answering some questions regarding Chapter 1 of the textbook: Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process, Practice.
1. While the first chapter had lots of information that was new to me, I was most surprised with how responsible new and small firms are for creating jobs all around the world. I always assumed that large corporations like Walmart and Target would be accredited with creating the most jobs, but I was pleasantly surprised to have been wrong in this instance.
2. The portion of the reading that confused me was when the author started explaining dynamic states approach. I understand that flexibility is a major issue with the dynamic state, but I did not get much else, or how this approach differences much from the integrative approach.
3. If I had the opportunity to ask the author two questions, the first would be to clarify why so many start ups fail in the first year. I feel like 85% is a rather large percentage, so there must be an underlying problem that they all could not recover from. My second question would be to clarify his experience with this topic. I would love to know if the author had been involved in any entrepreneurial ventures in his life, and, if so, what approaches he personally used on them.
4. Lastly, I do not disagree with the author because I do not have any previous knowledge or experience in being an entrepreneur. However, I might have a bit of an issue with his statement that entrepreneurship is something that is not innate. I believe that there has to be some sort of personality trait that leads to wanting to be an innovator. I don't entirely disagree with him, but I do think there is some innate personality that leads to being a true entrepreneur.
No comments:
Post a Comment