Sunday, January 24, 2016
Week 3 Reading Reflection
After reading Chapter 2 “The Entrepreneurial Mind-Set in Individuals: Cognition and Ethics”, the biggest surprise of this particular chapter is psychic risk. Psychic risk is described as being the greatest risk to the well-being of the entrepreneur. It occurs when entrepreneurs are not able to bounce back after suffering financial catastrophes. I had never heard this term before, and it was shocking that a psychological block due to one failure is such a risk to entrepreneurs. A confusing aspect of chapter 2 was in the section about “The Grief Recovery Process”. I’m particularly confused about why it states that ignoring and pushing aside a specific failure is a better process. I had previously thought that addressing you failure head on was healthier, but apparently I was wrong. If I were able to ask the author Donald F. Kuratko two questions, the first question would be “Is the Grief Recovery Process the most effective approach for every entrepreneur's failure, every time?” The second would be "How can an energetic drive be a potential dark side of entrepreneurship?” Overall, I do not think that the Kuratko is incorrect about anything mentioned in this reading. I do not disagree with anything, but would rather prefer he delved more into the dark side of entrepreneurship.
Labels:
Week 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment