Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1

Welcome to Week 5! 

1. 
















2.  As I mentioned above, my problem is rooted in the heart of college students missing the perks of being back home.  The most notable of these perks are the laundry service and home-cooked meals.   My innovative solution is to combine those opportunities into a unique dining and service experience.  "Going Home" offers premium laundry service while you sit and enjoy classical home-cooked meals. We also cater to the technological ability to Skype or FaceTime your family while eating through table side outlets and complimentary high-speed wifi. I believe that "Going Home" will be wildly successful because we stand out in our market segmentation and will position ourselves to control our comp set.

Thanks for watching and I look forward to your feedback!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate. This is a very interesting idea, dinner and laundry and free wifi. The only problem I can see with it is overcrowding. It takes a while to get laundry done and if you throw in free wifi too you could have people hanging out there all day. You will have to come up with some way to manage how long customers stay, maybe a small fee for time spent after laundry is done or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate! For whatever reason, I cannot access your video on the blog to see your elevator pitch. Putting that aside I can glean enough from the transcript to say that it is quite ingenious what you are proposing. Many students would definitely want to have warm meals and their laundry be a non-issue. Anyway check out my blog at: http://kwandersen.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate! I am not sure why but I cannot see or hear your video for your pitch so I am unable to give you and feedback regarding that content. However, I am very interested by your business idea and I think it could be very successful in this type of environment. My only question would be that your marketing college students who are generally low on funds. Many kids don't do laundry because they don't want to waste the quarters so I am not sure if they would pay for this service. Luckily for you, everyone does have to eat so I could see people buying home-cooked meals.
    http://kailadevin.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-speech-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kate! for some reason I can't see your video! It has a little box there but it can't be played!! Hopefully you can fix it soon because this idea sounds amazing! I live 8 hours away from gainesville and I miss having home cooked meals as well as having a laundry service as well! This seems like a great idea for a college town! My question is would the pricing be expensive since you are cooking them instead of them? Anyways check out mine here if you have a chance! http://jhoreckyblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete