I am Kate Andersen. My main talents are customer-service oriented. I have always loved meeting new people, and I make it a priority to go out of my way to help others. I am very confident and passionate, and I tend to be a perfectionist when I attempt a project. I have experience in the service and marketing industries and have just started in the event planning industry. My aspirations are simply to pursue something that challenges me and to keep pushing myself. Regarding my business concept, I feel that starting this unheard of concept will definitely challenge me, while giving me access to the service industry that I love.
2. My idea, "Going Home" offers premium laundry service while you sit and enjoy classical home-cooked meals. College students miss the perks of being back home. The most notable of these perks are the laundry service and home-cooked meals.
3. My target customers live over 3 hours away from campus, have an excellent relationship with their family back home, and/or have busy schedules that prevent them from traveling home regularly. They are also not used to being self-sufficient, whether they've been away from their family for a month or a year.
4. Customers will pay to use my service because everyone loves and desperately misses home-cooked meals, and most people do not want to do their own laundry. In my interviews, when I mentioned home-cooked meals to my customers, they all smiled wistfully. Having food that reminds customers of home is what will get them in the door and keep them coming back.
5. "Going Home" is already a concept that no one has created. There is no notable laundry service that a student knows to use. Our food is not one specific type of cuisine, therefore not alienating anyone who does not like a specific cuisine such as Italian or Mexican. If you are coming in alone, we cater to the technological ability to Skype or FaceTime your family while eating through table side outlets and complimentary high-speed wifi. If you come in with a group of people, our meals are served family style (big servings that the table shares). Both of these dining experiences are unique.
ReplyDeleteHey Kate, Laundry service and a hot meal what can possible beat that. I do know firsthand how difficult it is when you miss home and more so a hot home cooked meal. This sounds like a winner as most time when I am at the laundry shop I tend to eat junk food from the vending machines, I would love to see this come to fruition.
Kate,
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised no one has thought of this yet! During my freshman year, I learned about laundry delivery services, a concept so foreign to me. However, as more of my dorm mates took advantage of the service, it made me realize how dependent some young adults are. This idea takes it one step further and has families feeling that much more comfortable that their child is in safe hands.
Check out my Napkin Idea here http://kevindoanent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
Hi Kate,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your business idea! Just like you mentioned, I do not think there is something like this out there in the market right now, and I feel that here in Gainesville it would be a total hit. I love home-cooked meals, and usually get tired of fast food, and just eating out. Also, even though I quite enjoy doing my own laundry, I feel that I would probably use this opportunity to relax during a hard week, and do not even have to worry about my laundry.
You can check out my blog here: http://theroadtoentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/
Hey Kate!
ReplyDeleteI love your business idea and enjoyed reading about your background and what you have to offer to customers. This sounds like a great product to create for someone who is very customer-service oriented and goes out of your way to help others. I personally would love a home cooked meal on any day of the week! Also, laundry can sometimes be too time-consuming and I feel that I never have enough time put aside to be at home long enough to do it, unless it's at night- and I'm too tired by then. Great idea! Check out mine if you get the chance http://jenniecarmody.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
Kate,
ReplyDeleteI love how crazy/innovative your idea is! I'm wondering though, is this a service or like a restaurant, or both? I like the idea and atmosphere of home-cooked meals, but what differentiates this food from say a Cracker Barrel? Or a Bob Evens? Adding the laundry service definitely makes this idea unique, but which part of the service is the main source of income? I think your idea is on the verge of something great and I'm curious to learn more!
Check out my post at:
http://flytyguy.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html