Unfortunately, I do not see myself as a entrepreneur after this semester. I believe it takes much, much more to be a true entrepreneur. However, I believe I am closer than I was before to developing an entrepreneurial mindset. My one recommendation for future students taking this class is to not give up halfway through like I nearly did. It's a lot of work and you will get warn out, but it is worth it in the end. Stick to it, especially when the going gets tough. Tell yourself that although it might be the last thing in the world you want to do right now, you will definitely regret it later if you do not do well in this class.
Sunday, April 24, 2016
Final Reflection
I look back to the beginning of this semester and my first post about my entrepreneurial idea and I laugh at how long ago that seems, when in reality it was merely a few months ago. The most entertaining post to reread was the Bug List. So many of the things that I had remarked upon are no longer issues in my life. A major low point was reading and seeing references to my now exboyfriend. Being forced to recall how prevalent he was in my life was not easy. The post that had the biggest impact on me was "My Secret Sauce". The first time I posted it, it was mildly reaffirming to me. Now, it means much more. I've been struggling with who I am now that I am graduating soon, but seeing what those closest to me think is very inspiring. That exercise was easily the most formative and I believe I will absolutely remember it for years to come. The most joyous experience for me and the one I am most proud of was the second very short interview. It was shortly after I had broken up with my boyfriend, and I had to call his father out of the blue to ask for a follow up interview. I had no idea if he hated me now and would refuse to talk to me. I was shaking with nerves, but I was very pleasantly surprised that he still has nothing but warmth for me. I would have been too terrified to reach out to him if it had not been for this class.
Unfortunately, I do not see myself as a entrepreneur after this semester. I believe it takes much, much more to be a true entrepreneur. However, I believe I am closer than I was before to developing an entrepreneurial mindset. My one recommendation for future students taking this class is to not give up halfway through like I nearly did. It's a lot of work and you will get warn out, but it is worth it in the end. Stick to it, especially when the going gets tough. Tell yourself that although it might be the last thing in the world you want to do right now, you will definitely regret it later if you do not do well in this class.

Unfortunately, I do not see myself as a entrepreneur after this semester. I believe it takes much, much more to be a true entrepreneur. However, I believe I am closer than I was before to developing an entrepreneurial mindset. My one recommendation for future students taking this class is to not give up halfway through like I nearly did. It's a lot of work and you will get warn out, but it is worth it in the end. Stick to it, especially when the going gets tough. Tell yourself that although it might be the last thing in the world you want to do right now, you will definitely regret it later if you do not do well in this class.
Labels:
Week 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post, and congrats on making it all the way through the course. I agree it wasn't an easy task but it is finally over. Although you don't view yourself as an entrepreneur its great that you were able to get some insight on your early post and see how you were able to make a change. Great job! You can check out my post here http://theentrepreneuriaou.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html
ReplyDeleteHey Kate,
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have given both this post and this class a lot of consideration and effort. I’m glad to see that you’ve recognized that value of the Secret Sauce assignment. I’m sorry to hear about your relationship but you showed great determination in your completion of the assignments requiring reconnecting with those involved.
Here’s a link to my post if you’re interested: http://madiganent.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteHello Kate,
I love the advice you gave for the future students. I was so overwhelmed when I saw all the assignments at the beginning of the semester but we made it! You're forced to have an open mind when you take a class like this and that in itself is a positive experience! Your post was similar to mines because I spoke about how it's important not to stop and just mine through the assignments. Great post!
heres my blog: leadingthechange.blogspot.com